House fire on Dabbs Avenue

House fire on Dabbs Avenue

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) – An elderly man was taken to the hospital after he was injured in a house fire off Briley Parkway near the Nashville International Airport Monday morning. 

Emergency crews responded to the call around 9:45 a.m. for the fire on Dabbs Avenue. Fire officials say the man was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

The fire chief tells us the fire started when the resident forgot about food cooking on the stove. 

They say the fire spread from the kitchen to the attic causing heavy fire, smoke, and water damage. There were no other injuries reported. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

NASA Spots ‘Potentially Hazardous’ Asteroid Rapidly Approaching Earth – IGN – IGN

NASA has confirmed that an asteroid larger than the tallest man-made structure…

Fears mount over new coronavirus case in cruise ship thought to be infection free – The Washington Post

●U.S. State Department is preparing to evacuate 380 Americans from the stranded…

A Change In How One Chinese Province Reports Coronavirus Adds Thousands Of Cases – NPR

A man wearing a face mask has his temperature checked before entering…